The Tussey Mountain Alpine Racing Team (TMART) is one of many outstanding athletic programs in our community. TMART is an organization of young ski racers, parents, and coaches and offers a variety of programs to satisfy diverse levels of racing interests. The mission of the organization is to create and maintain an exceptional skiing and racing program in a fun and challenging environment. Our vision is to provide all racers the highest quality coaching and to prepare them for regional, state, and national competitions with an emphasis on sportsmanship and skill. Last year TMART racers competed in PARA and USSA races at ski hills throughout the State. Many of our racers consistently qualify for the State Derbies and have gone on to competitions in the Northeast including the Junior Olympics.
To provide a quality ski racing program for young skiers that promotes good sportsmanship while developing a skill set that fosters a life long love of skiing through training, competitive racing and team building.
TMART will continue to be a parent-run organization that provides a high quality ski racing instruction program by providing qualified coaches, consistent leadership, mentoring, and team unity to ensure continued growth of the program for the benefit of all racers and families.
- Promote learning through training, competitive racing and other activities
- Encourage commitment to the program
- Facilitate sportsmanship by modeling support for each other at training and races
- To foster respect for others, the environment and equipment.
- To have fun skiing by promoting team unity.
TMART depends on the active participation of its parent-members to manage the organization and to organize races and other events for the enjoyment of our athletes.
How Parents Support the Team
- Each TMART family is REQUIRED to help organize the annual USSA race we host.
- The USSA races in PARA are organized by the clubs that host them. All of these events require help from the parents of the participants. However, the parent-members of the club hosting the event do most of the work.
- TMART’s home race is vital to our club, and all families are required to volunteer in some fashion and help make it a success.
Consider serving on our Board of Directors, feel free to speak to any current board member to see how you can become involved. OR, just fill out a form HERE and we are happy to be in touch with you.
A great way to spend the winter!